Thursday, November 8, 2007

A venture out...

As I sit at the edge of my internship experience I am looking over the edge. Over the edge of the traditional style of teaching peering into the abyss that is where the profession of teaching is heading. Where that is nobody knows, but what we do know is that the days of desks in rows and dusty chalkboards are numbered. The only thing is can we hang on for the ride? Sometimes I find myself overwhelmed with all the options that are out there to bring into the classroom. For a sample check out Mr. Alec Couros' wiki on Web2.0.
My venture has started out modest but effective...I think. I've created a wiki that allows my students to ask questions outside the classroom and have the opportunity to get an answer before they get back to the classroom. With the help of sketchcast (sketchcast.com) I am able to respond to my students questions visually and verbally. As well, I can keep my students up to date with assignments and what topics we have covered each week with links to websites with extra help and examples. So far the response has been mediocre. Check it out.

No comments: